2010年5月24日 星期一

Making a Complaint in Person or in Writing

You have just received poor service while buying your new computer and feel you should complain. Do you make your complaint to someone in person, or do you prefer to write a letter of complaint? Include details in your explanation.

Despite the temptation to complain immediately, I think emotion can’t deal with problems as well. Complaining immediately gives some emotional satisfaction and the listener can see the very real upset I am feeling, but it might miss the point of complaining. I prefer to keep a cold head and write a letter which is more effective. My reasons are as follows.

First of all, a letter lets me document the incident and is less bad feeling in the end or yelling at someone. The clear describing of letter is more convincing and is emphasizing my attitude to this incident. Perhaps the service person needs more training or their store’s policy needs improvement.

Second, the purpose of the letter is in order to find the person in authority that can act on my complaint. If I argue at the time probably just a clerk to step in there to handles my complaint. Only the right person can thoroughly resolve my problems. The manager might choose to apologize or to offer me a discount of good service to customers.

Furthermore, taking my time to write a proper letter of complaint I can express my anger and let the store do something to make me feel better about my purchase. It’s worth than I am furious with the complaint time that I spent.

For the above reasons, I prefer to write letter to release my complaint. Through this way to release my complaint can keep my accomplishment, because I don’t have to yelling at the service person in front of everybody.

沒有留言:

張貼留言